Overview - Planning Business Areas
About the IS Apps Planning Process
For a number of years IS Applications Division ran an annual process to determine the central IT systems developments needed for the future years. Although this process included projects which spanned multiple years it largely focused on requirements for the upcoming year.
From 2014/15 we implemented a number of changes to align our planning process with the University’s updated 3 year planning cycle.
The process is rolling so that when we reach the end of year 1, we will take stock and plan for the subsequent 3 years but will have what was years 2 and 3 as our starting point.
The purpose of this process is three fold:
- Identify the IT systems needs of the University community including major initiatives
- Prioritise the use of centrally funded resources in IS Applications and our business partners
- Seek additional funding if available resources are insufficient to meet the priorities of the University community
By working together with shared goals, aligned to the University's Strategic Plan, we can achieve more in the following ways:
- Leverage IS skills
- Bring business knowledge and front line experience
- Improve effectiveness and reduce costs by re-use
- Drive innovation
- Respond to new challenges in an increasingly market led world
Links to details of previous years' planning rounds can be found in the menu to the left of this page.