Report for April 2019
Report by Muriel Mewissen for Sheila Fraser (MVM Portfolio Manager) and Catherine Elliot (MVM Portfolio Owner)
and Jim Nisbet (MVMBUS Programme Owner), Philippa Burrell (MVMLAT Programme Owner), and Charles ffrench-Constant and Paul McGuire (MVMRes Programme Owners)
Portfolio Commentary, RAG and Resources Update
During April, two new projects were started in MVM Learning and Teaching (MVMLAT):
- MVM132 MBChB ranking reports in BI Suite, the implementation project following on from MVM121: Reporting of Assessment Outcomes for External Bodies.
- MVM133 CMVM Curriculum Mapping Tool - Requirements, a business analysis project to support accreditation in MBChB and the Vet school.
This takes the number of ongoing projects across the portfolio down up 16, ten projects are managed by Project Services PMs.
There are two projects reporting a RED RAG status:
- MVM130 Upgrading of teaching spaces 2018/19 where refurbishment works in WGH managed by the Estates department are scheduled to complete on the Friday before start of term on Monday leaving no room for contingency. Mitigation is in place to allow other preparation work (i.e. AV installation) to take place in parallel to the building work. Plan for alternative teaching locations is also being explored as a contingency plan.
- MVM509 Implementation of Vet Practice Management System where a delay in the delivery of the final tweaks to the application by the supplier has allowed the potential for some scope creep. There is now a decision to be made as to whether the project closes or additional scope is added.
All other projects are reporting a GREEN or AMBER RAG status.
The current burn rate of 65% is slightly behind what is expected at this stage of the year (75%) but it is expected to increase due to the new projects starting.
The monthly reports for the programmes are available below:
IS Apps Resources to end April 2019
NB: The chart below only shows IS Apps resources.
CMVM had a budget of 150 ring fenced days for 18/19:
- 10 days have been allocated to HSS025 First Impressions - Digital Signage, see MVM PRICCL 28.
- 33 days are for additional programme management support to the three programmes
- 23 days used by MVM121 Assessment and Feedback Reporting, 65 days have been allocated, see MVM PRICCL 30 but 42 were unused and transferred to MVM132 MBChB ranking reports in BI Suite, see MVM PRICCL 35.
- 42 days to MVM132 MBChB ranking reports in BI Suite, see MVM PRICCL 35.
- 42 days to MVM133 CMVM Curriculum Mapping Tool - Requirements, see MVM PRICCL 35.
There is no day left to allocate in this session.
Forward Look - April 2019