Report for April 2020
Report for March 2020
Report by Muriel Mewissen for Sheila Fraser (MVM Portfolio Manager) and Catherine Elliot (MVM Portfolio Owner)
and Jim Nisbet (MVMBUS Programme Owner), Philippa Burrell (MVMLAT Programme Owner), and Charles ffrench-Constant and Paul McGuire (MVMRes Programme Owners)
Portfolio Commentary, RAG and Resources Update
During April, work progressed in several projects despite the continued impact of disruption from the current Novel coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak and most staff now working from home.
Two projects were successfully delivered and closed in MVM Research (MVMRES):
- MVM316: Fragile X Registry website, see https://patrickwildcentre.com/research/clinical-research/ongoing-studies/fragile-x-registry/. The Closure Report is available to view.
- MVM302: Compute and High Performance Compute Strategy , see CMVM Compute and HPC Strategy. The Completion Report is available to view.
However, several projects have also been impacted, mainly by delays due to staff availability.
Two projects have been formally suspended:
- MVM125 Connectivity - Off-campus 2018/19 until access to buildings is re-enabled and NHS IT staff have capacity.
- MVM311 CMVM Data Storage Strategy due to stakeholder availability.
This brings the total number of suspended projects across the portfolio to five.
One project is reporting a RED status, MVM136 Practique Roll-Out where the impact of the change to the exam diet needs to assessed. This is expected to start in May.
The monthly reports for the programmes are available below:
Please note that the project RAG status is following the revised guidelines: A one-page summary of the IS RAG status indicators is available on this page.
IS Apps Resources to end April 2020
NB: The chart below only shows IS Apps resources.
CMVM had a budget of 150 ring fenced days for 19/20 which has been allocated as such:
- 10 days transferred to the cross Colleges project on Grouper included in the SCE programme
- 44 days for additional programme management, see PRICCL 38 and PRICCL 44.
- 30 days allocated to MVM132 MBChB ranking reports in BI Suite. The budget for this was 42 days, and 12 days were used in 2018/19, see PRICCL 38.
- 1 day allocated to MVM133 CMVM Curriculum Mapping Tool - Requirements. The budget for this was 42 days, 34 days were used in 2018/19, and 1 more day was completed in 2019/20 to cover the closure work. for additional programme management support to the three programmes
- 35 days allocated to MVM136 Practique Roll-Out, see PRICCL 38 and PRICCL 42.
- 20 days allocated to MVM308: Research computing induction, see PRICCL 40 and
- 10 days allocated to the cross Colleges project on programme HSS030 Student Voice Platforms Pilot, see PRICCL 44.
Forward Look - April 2020