Report for February 2020
Report by Muriel Mewissen for Sheila Fraser (MVM Portfolio Manager) and Catherine Elliot (MVM Portfolio Owner)
and Jim Nisbet (MVMBUS Programme Owner), Philippa Burrell (MVMLAT Programme Owner), and Charles ffrench-Constant and Paul McGuire (MVMRes Programme Owners)
Portfolio Commentary, RAG and Resources Update
During February, a new project was started in MVM Business Administration (MVMBUS):
Similar projects have started in SCE, SCE017 Deployment of Open Computer and Software Inventory, and ITI, ITI202 Deployment of University OCS Service, to support the implementation of the Sustainable IT policy.
This raises the number of ongoing projects to 18, 8 are managed by Project Services staff, 7 by MVM staff and 3 by LTW staff.
Most projects are reporting a GREEN RAG status, with only four reporting an AMBER RAG status because of time delays due the UCU Industrial Action - 14 days - between 20 February and 13 March 2020.
We note the addition of a portfolio risk on Disruption from the current Novel coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak.
The monthly reports for the programmes are available below:
Please note that the project RAG status is following the revised guidelines: A one-page summary of the IS RAG status indicators is available on this page.
IS Apps Resources to end February 2020
NB: The chart below only shows IS Apps resources.
CMVM had a budget of 150 ring fenced days for 19/20 which has been allocated as such:
- 10 days transferred to the cross Colleges project on Grouper included in the SCE programme
- 44 days for additional programme management, see PRICCL 38 and PRICCL 44.
- 30 days allocated to MVM132 MBChB ranking reports in BI Suite. The budget for this was 42 days, and 12 days were used in 2018/19, see PRICCL 38.
- 1 day allocated to MVM133 CMVM Curriculum Mapping Tool - Requirements. The budget for this was 42 days, 34 days were used in 2018/19, and 1 more day was completed in 2019/20 to cover the closure work. for additional programme management support to the three programmes
- 35 days allocated to MVM136 Practique Roll-Out, see PRICCL 38 and PRICCL 42.
- 20 days allocated to MVM308: Research computing induction, see PRICCL 40 and
- 10 days allocated to the cross Colleges project on programme HSS030 Student Voice Platforms Pilot, see PRICCL 44.
Forward Look - February 2020