Report for June 2020
Report by Muriel Mewissen for Sheila Fraser (MVM Portfolio Manager) and Catherine Elliot (MVM Portfolio Owner)
and Jim Nisbet (MVMBUS Programme Owner), Philippa Burrell (MVMLAT Programme Owner), and Charles ffrench-Constant and Paul McGuire (MVMRes Programme Owners)
Portfolio Commentary, RAG and Resources Update
During June, three projects, one in each programme, were completed and closed:
- MVM137 Upgrading of student computer labs, teaching and meeting room PCs 2019/20. The Closure Report is now available.
- MVM308 Research computing induction was delivered and formally closed on 19 June 2020. The Completion Report is now available. The CMVM Research Computing Overview is now available to all staff.
- MVM509 Implementation of Vet Practice Management System was formally closed on 3 July 2020. The Closure Report is now available.
Work continues to be impacted by the ongoing disruption from the current Novel coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak and most staff working from home. Resourcing is challenging and priorities are set by the Adaptation and Renewal Team.
One project, MVM314 SEBI - Data Collection and Modelling, is reporting a RED status due to lack of staff availability due to COVID-19.
Planning and draft proposal for new projects are in preparation for next session 2020/21. All work will have to align with the Adaptation and Renewal themes in order to be prioritised.
The monthly reports for the programmes are available below:
Please note that the project RAG status is following the revised guidelines: A one-page summary of the IS RAG status indicators is available on this page.
IS Apps Resources to end June 2020
NB: The chart below only shows IS Apps resources.
CMVM had a budget of 150 ring fenced days for 19/20 which has been allocated as such:
- 10 days transferred to the cross Colleges project on Grouper included in the SCE programme
- 44 days for additional programme management, see PRICCL 38 and PRICCL 44.
- 30 days allocated to MVM132 MBChB ranking reports in BI Suite. The budget for this was 42 days, and 12 days were used in 2018/19, see PRICCL 38.
- 1 day allocated to MVM133 CMVM Curriculum Mapping Tool - Requirements. The budget for this was 42 days, 34 days were used in 2018/19, and 1 more day was completed in 2019/20 to cover the closure work. for additional programme management support to the three programmes
- 35 days allocated to MVM136 Practique Roll-Out, see PRICCL 38 and PRICCL 42.
- 20 days allocated to MVM308: Research computing induction, see PRICCL 40 and
- 10 days allocated to the cross Colleges project on programme HSS030 Student Voice Platforms Pilot, see PRICCL 44.
Forward Look - June 2020