Report for March 2020
Report by Muriel Mewissen for Sheila Fraser (MVM Portfolio Manager) and Catherine Elliot (MVM Portfolio Owner)
and Jim Nisbet (MVMBUS Programme Owner), Philippa Burrell (MVMLAT Programme Owner), and Charles ffrench-Constant and Paul McGuire (MVMRes Programme Owners)
Portfolio Commentary, RAG and Resources Update
On 18 March, a new major issue arose, following the pandemic of Covid-19, everyone who can work from home is now working from home. All our programmes have been affected. After a period of transition where everyone moved to home working, including external partners, work some projects can now progress, but not all, some projects will have to be delayed or paused. Potential for other, and additional, issues continue to be monitored under Risk 2: Disruption from the current Novel coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak
In particular, we note the suspension of:
- MVM137 Upgrading of student computer labs, teaching and meeting room PCs 2019/20 while access to building is limited.
Potential for suspension of:
- MVM135 Upgrading of Teaching Spaces 2019/20 while access to building is limited.
- MVM132 MBChB ranking reports in BI Suite, also reporting a RED status as the change to the exam diet and assessment will impact on the ranking report.
Similarly, delays have been noted for:
- MVM136 Practique Roll-Out where the impact of the change to the exam diet needs to assessed.
- MVM509 Implementation of Vet Practice Management System due to staff availability.
- MVM527 Use of OCS for asset management in CMVM - Scope due to staff availability.
- MVM302 Compute and High Performance Compute strategy due to staff availability.
- MVM311 CMVM Data Storage Strategy due to staff availability.
- MVM314 SEBI - Data Collection and Modelling due to staff availability.
We note that some reports were not updated for March as a result of lack of MVM PMs availability.
The monthly reports for the programmes are available below:
Please note that the project RAG status is following the revised guidelines: A one-page summary of the IS RAG status indicators is available on this page.
IS Apps Resources to end March 2020
NB: The chart below only shows IS Apps resources.
CMVM had a budget of 150 ring fenced days for 19/20 which has been allocated as such:
- 10 days transferred to the cross Colleges project on Grouper included in the SCE programme
- 44 days for additional programme management, see PRICCL 38 and PRICCL 44.
- 30 days allocated to MVM132 MBChB ranking reports in BI Suite. The budget for this was 42 days, and 12 days were used in 2018/19, see PRICCL 38.
- 1 day allocated to MVM133 CMVM Curriculum Mapping Tool - Requirements. The budget for this was 42 days, 34 days were used in 2018/19, and 1 more day was completed in 2019/20 to cover the closure work. for additional programme management support to the three programmes
- 35 days allocated to MVM136 Practique Roll-Out, see PRICCL 38 and PRICCL 42.
- 20 days allocated to MVM308: Research computing induction, see PRICCL 40 and
- 10 days allocated to the cross Colleges project on programme HSS030 Student Voice Platforms Pilot, see PRICCL 44.
Forward Look - March 2020