Report for November 2019
Report by Muriel Mewissen for Sheila Fraser (MVM Portfolio Manager) and Catherine Elliot (MVM Portfolio Owner)
and Jim Nisbet (MVMBUS Programme Owner), Philippa Burrell (MVMLAT Programme Owner), and Charles ffrench-Constant and Paul McGuire (MVMRes Programme Owners)
Portfolio Commentary, RAG and Resources Update
During November, good progress was made in MVM136 Practique Roll-Out with successful delivery of several milestones including the Pilot and Training admission exams in MBChB, ready to run the first online admission exams in early December.
We note the relocation of MVM516 BMS - Honours Project Portal Future Support from MVM Business Administration (MVMBUS) to MVM Learning and Teaching (MVMLAT). While this project was initiated by the MVMBUS Programme Owner, the developments to take the portal forward are expected to be delivered by the Learning, Teaching and Web (LTW) Team.
Two new projects were also started in MVM Learning and Teaching (MVMLAT):
- MVM135 Upgrading of Teaching Spaces 2019/20
- MVM137 Upgrading of student computer labs, teaching and meeting room PCs 2019/20
This raised the number of ongoing projects to 15, 8 are managed by Project Services staff, 6 by MVM staff and 1 by LTW staff.
The most active projects remain:
- MVM316 Fragile X Registry website
- MVM509 Implementation of Vet Practice Management System (with IS PM)
- MVM136 Practique Roll-Out
The monthly reports for the programmes are available below:
One contributing factor to programmes reporting an AMBER status remains the lack of PM & BA resources reported last month in PRICCL 41 - BA resource on CMVM project assigned to higher priority CORE Systems programme where are awaiting approval of contractors backfill.
In addition, several projects were affected by the UCU Industrial Action - 25 November to 4 December 2020 with reduced project team members or stakeholders availability and ISG Change Freeze in place preventing deployment to LIVE systems.
Please note that the project RAG status is following the revised guidelines: A one-page summary of the IS RAG status indicators is available on this page.
IS Apps Resources to end November 2019
NB: The chart below only shows IS Apps resources.
CMVM had a budget of 150 ring fenced days for 19/20 which has been allocated as such:
- 10 days transferred to the cross Colleges project on Grouper included in the SCE programme
- 44 days for additional programme management, see PRICCL 38 and PRICCL 44.
- 30 days allocated to MVM132 MBChB ranking reports in BI Suite. The budget for this was 42 days, and 12 days were used in 2018/19, see PRICCL 38.
- 1 day allocated to MVM133 CMVM Curriculum Mapping Tool - Requirements. The budget for this was 42 days, 34 days were used in 2018/19, and 1 more day was completed in 2019/20 to cover the closure work. for additional programme management support to the three programmes
- 35 days allocated to MVM136 Practique Roll-Out, see PRICCL 38 and PRICCL 42.
- 20 days allocated to MVM308: Research computing induction, see PRICCL 40 and
- 10 days allocated to the cross Colleges project on programme HSS030 Student Voice Platforms Pilot, see PRICCL 44.
Forward Look - November 2019