Report for October 2019
Report by Muriel Mewissen for Sheila Fraser (MVM Portfolio Manager) and Catherine Elliot (MVM Portfolio Owner)
and Jim Nisbet (MVMBUS Programme Owner), Philippa Burrell (MVMLAT Programme Owner), and Charles ffrench-Constant and Paul McGuire (MVMRes Programme Owners)
Portfolio Commentary, RAG and Resources Update
During October, a new project was started in MVM Learning and Teaching (MVMLAT)
- MVM134 MBChB Evaluation System. This project will replicate the frequently used functionality provided by the EEMeC evaluation system in a new stand-alone web application as the evaluation system in EEMeC is no longer viable and needed replaced.
Also in MVM Learning and Teaching (MVMLAT), one project was closed:
The most active projects remain:
- MVM316 Fragile X Registry website
- MVM509 Implementation of Vet Practice Management System (with IS PM)
- MVM136 Practique Roll-Out
There are 13 ongoing projects, 7 are managed by Project Services staff, 5 by MVM staff and 1 by LTW staff.
The monthly reports for the programmes are available below:
One contributing factor to programmes reporting an AMBER status is due to a resourcing issue following the re-assignment of resources to the CORE Systems programme during October as recorded in PRICCL 41 - BA resource on CMVM project assigned to higher priority programme
Please note that the project RAG status is following the revised guidelines: A one-page summary of the IS RAG status indicators is available on this page.
IS Apps Resources to end October 2019
NB: The chart below only shows IS Apps resources.
CMVM had a budget of 150 ring fenced days for 19/20 which has been allocated as such:
- 10 days transferred to the cross Colleges project on Grouper included in the SCE programme
- 40 days for additional programme management, see PRICCL 38.
- 30 days allocated to MVM132 MBChB ranking reports in BI Suite. The budget for this was 42 days, and 12 days were used in 2018/19, see PRICCL 38.
- 1 day allocated to MVM133 CMVM Curriculum Mapping Tool - Requirements. The budget for this was 42 days, 34 days were used in 2018/19, and 1 more day was completed in 2019/20 to cover the closure work. for additional programme management support to the three programmes
- 50 days allocated to MVM136 Practique Roll-Out, see PRICCL 38.
- 9 days allocated to MVM308: Research computing induction, see PRICCL 40.
This leaves 10 days of College Ring Fenced days to be allocated. These are provisionally earmarked for the Cross College project HSS030 Student Voice Platforms Pilot.
Forward Look - October 2019