Report for January 2021
Report by Muriel Mewissen for Sheila Fraser (MVM Portfolio Manager) and Catherine Elliot (MVM Portfolio Owner)
and Jim Nisbet (MVMBUS Programme Owner), Philippa Burrell (MVMLAT Programme Owner) and Charles ffrench-Constant (MVMRes Programme Owner)
Portfolio Commentary, RAG and Resources Update
During January, a new project was started in MVM Research (MVMRES):
- MVM317 Lothian Health Board Framework Agreement Implementation. This project will seek to identify which actions need to be taken to enable compliance with the Framework Agreements between NHS and the University Court of the University of Edinburgh in relation to Research and Development Activities.
This takes the number of ongoing projects to 13, with two projects remaining suspended this month.
Most effort continues to take place in the MVM Learning and Teaching (MVMLAT) programme. The burnt rate stands at 28% which is lower than expected (50%) at this mid-year point.
The monthly reports for the programmes are available below:
Please note that the project RAG status is following the revised guidelines: A one-page summary of the IS RAG status indicators is available on this page.
Key Risks & Issues
|Issue 48 and Risk 2 Covid Outbreak||Ongoing risks around resourcing (furloughed staff) and budget continue to impact our programmes of work.|
|Issue 54 Reduced capacity of MVM IT Team to support new projects||MVM IT Team are providing extra capacity to support the Helpdesk frontline. This is preventing staff to engage with project work.|
IS Apps Resources to end January 2021
NB: The chart below only shows IS Apps resources.
CMVM had a budget of 150 ring fenced days for 20/21 which has been allocated as such, see PRICCL 51:
- 40 days for extra programme management, see PRICCL 51
- 18 days to cover the remaining work on MVM136 Practique Roll-Out, see PRICCL 51 and PRICCL 53
- 1 day to cover the remaining work on MVM311 CMVM Data Storage Strategy, see PRICCL 51
- 47 days for MVM141 Replacement for PathCAL/EROS and Labyrinth, see PRICCL 52 and PRICCL 55.
- 25 days for MVM317 Lothian Health Board Framework Agreement Implementation, see PRICCL 55.
19 days remain to be allocated
Forward Look - January 2021