Report for May 2021
Report by Muriel Mewissen for Sheila Fraser (MVM Portfolio Manager) and Catherine Elliot (MVM Portfolio Owner)
and Jim Nisbet (MVMBUS Programme Owner), Philippa Burrell (MVMLAT Programme Owner) and Charles ffrench-Constant (MVMRes Programme Owner)
Portfolio Commentary, RAG and Resources Update
During May, one project was closed in the MVM Learning and Teaching (MVMLAT) programme:
- MVM136 Practique Roll-Out. The Closure Report is now available. A follow-on project is planned for 21/22 to extend the current license and support ongoing use of Practique.
A new project was started in the MVM Business Administration (MVMBUS) programme:
- MVM529 Enabling CMVM Rooms for Hybrid Meetings. This will identify and prioritise rooms where AV equipment is needed to be installed to support meetings during the Hybrid Working phase.
A project was suspended in the MVM Business Administration (MVMBUS) programme:
- MVM528 Provet Optimisation due to ongoing issue with business availability and deprioritisation during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The number of ongoing projects remains at 12, with two projects suspended.
The monthly reports for the programmes are available below:
Please note that the project RAG status is following the revised guidelines: A one-page summary of the IS RAG status indicators is available on this page.
Key Risks & Issues
|Issue 48 and Risk 2 Covid Outbreak||Ongoing risks around resourcing and budget continue to impact our programmes of work.|
|Issue 54 and Risk 3 Reduced capacity of MVM IT Team to support new projects||MVM IT Team have lost several FTE of capacity due to various reasons. This is preventing staff to engage with project work. Help from the USD Consultancy team has been secured at 2d/w and expected to start in June.|
IS Apps Resources to end May2021
NB: The chart below only shows IS Apps resources.
CMVM had a budget of 150 ring fenced days for 20/21 which has been allocated as such, see PRICCL 51:
- 40 days for extra programme management, see PRICCL 51
- 18 days to cover the remaining work on MVM136 Practique Roll-Out, see PRICCL 51 and PRICCL 53
- 1 day to cover the remaining work on MVM311 CMVM Data Storage Strategy, see PRICCL 51
- 66 days for MVM141 Replacement for PathCAL/EROS and Labyrinth, see PRICCL 52, PRICCL 55 and PRICCL 58.
- 25 days for MVM317 Lothian Health Board Framework Agreement Implementation, see PRICCL 55.
Forward Look - May 2021