Report for November 2020
Report by Muriel Mewissen for Sheila Fraser (MVM Portfolio Manager) and Catherine Elliot (MVM Portfolio Owner)
and Jim Nisbet (MVMBUS Programme Owner), Philippa Burrell (MVMLAT Programme Owner) and Charles ffrench-Constant (MVMRes Programme Owner)
Portfolio Commentary, RAG and Resources Update
During November, a new project was started in MVM Business Administration (MVMBUS):
- MVM528 Provet Optimisation follows previous projects, MVM009 Tristan Replacement - Procurement and MVM509 Implementation of Vet Practice Management System that procured and implemented a Practice Management System for The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies. The project will add to the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) currently in place and improve functionality in the following areas: Pharmacy & Stock control, Accounts & Finance, Easter Bush Pathology and User management .
This takes the number of ongoing projects to 11, with two projects remaining suspended this month.
Most effort continues to take place in the MVM Learning and Teaching (MVMLAT) programme.
The monthly reports for the programmes are available below:
Please note that the project RAG status is following the revised guidelines: A one-page summary of the IS RAG status indicators is available on this page.
Key Risks & Issues
|Issue 48 and Risk 2 Covid Outbreak||Ongoing risks around resourcing: availability of resources and prioritisation across all ISG projects of work to support adaption and recovery from Covid-19 are likely to continue to impact our programmes of work for the months to come.|
|Issue 54 Reduced capacity of MVM IT Team to support new projects||MVM IT Team are providing extra capacity to support the Helpdesk frontline. This is preventing staff to engage with project work.|
IS Apps Resources to end November 2020
NB: The chart below only shows IS Apps resources.
CMVM had a budget of 150 ring fenced days for 20/21 which has been allocated as such, see PRICCL 51:
- 40 days for extra programme management, see PRICCL 51
- 18 days to cover the remaining work on MVM136 Practique Roll-Out, see PRICCL 51 and PRICCL 53
- 1 day to cover the remaining work on MVM311 CMVM Data Storage Strategy, see PRICCL 51
- 30 days for MVM141 Replacement for PathCAL/EROS and Labyrinth, see PRICCL 52
61 days remain to be allocated
Forward Look - November 2020