Report for July 2018

Report Date
July 2018

Report compiled by Programme Manager for Programme Owner

Section One: Programme Commentary, RAG and Resources Update

Programme Commentary

There are two live projects in the Programme:

  • DTI038 (Amend Personalised Email for Existing Students) - The design and build work has  stopped  until the scope change (PICCL Change 4) has  been analysed and impacted . The new Business Analyst , Nicola Henderson,  has now started work on this, however the project manager Craig Moore  left the programme at the end of July 2018 . His replacement  should be starting in September 2018.
  • DTI039 (Define Integrated Identities Requirements) - requirements gathering complete; results of surveys issued.  Due to the holiday period a further survey has been postponed to commence in August 2018. Thereafter a detailed analysis of all the  user groups will commence . Nigel Hedley , a business analyst  has been requisitioned to undertake this work.  
  • The new Programme Manager (Tola Odedina)  started on 9th July.

The proposed scope of work for 2018/19 will now be re-defined based on the further analysis being carried out on the two projects. This will include  cost re-estimations and re-planning for 2018/19.

 

RAG Status and Forward Look

Overall, the programme is AMBER at this time.

Resource Summary

Section Two: Projects Not Started

Project Info Project Manager's Commentary
DTI040  - Implement Integrated Identities

Project will not start until 2018/19

Section Three: Projects in Progress

Project Info Project Manager's Commentary

DTI038 - Amend Personalised Email for Existing Students

Discretionary

Milestones

TBA  after Impact Assessment

RAG

Amber

Report by Tola Odedina  for July 2018

Report Date
July 2018

Achievements

  • Escalated scope change to project board
  • Created Statement of  Work for the Business Analyst BA
  • The BA , Nicola Henderson has now started the analysis and impact assessment of the scope change 

Issues

Change of PM

Next Steps

  • Assess the impact of the scope change on the time and cost of the project 
  • Re-plan the revised deliverables on the basis of the impact assessment of the  scope change 
  • Raise a Change PICCL  to define the impact of the scope change 

DTI039 - Define Integrated Identities Requirements

Discretionary

Milestones

TBA  after Impact Assessment

 

RAG

Amber

Report by Barry Ure for July 2018

Report Date
July 2018

Achievements in Last Period

  • Agreement that Admin survey would be issued mid Aug
  • Wording on Admin survey agreed

Issues / Risks / Decision

Next Steps

  • Agreement on Funding - PICCL Raised 
  • Present PICCL (revised milestones) to WIS
  • Issue Survey and begin Analysis
   

 

Section Four: Closed, Suspended or Withdrawn Projects

Project Info Project Manager's Commentary
COM033 - Personalised Email for Students Project closure approved by WIS 9/2/18

Section Five: Actions/Notes from monthly meeting held on 13/06/18:

The purpose of the meeting was to review the May 2018 Integrated Identities Programme report, issues and risks. 

Chris reviewed progress during May and the budget summary and analysis:

  1. May Programme Report
  2. Budget Summary and Analysis (circulated by email)

The following was noted:

  1. Chris has temporarily taken over the Programme Manager role from Don - PRICCL Change 7
  2. There are two live projects in the Programme:
    • DTI038 (Amend Personalised Email for Existing Students) - design and build work has started, although a scope change (PICCL Change 4) will impact on milestones.  A new project manager (Craig) has been assigned. 
    • DTI039 (Define Integrated Identities Requirements) - requirements gathering complete; results of surveys issued
  3. A budget underspend is forecast
  4. The key risk at the moment is the proposed change of scope within DTI038 (PICCL Change 4) - this requires to be reviewed with the requestor (Alex) to ensure that any risks to the delivery timeline are understood and agreed
  5. A new project manager requires to be assigned to DTI039 from July
  6. A new programme manager requires to be assigned to the Programme from July
  7. The proposed scope of work for 2018/19 was agreed:
    • 3 scopes of work:​

      1. Amend Personalised Email for Existing Students (continue DTI038 until Dec 2018)​

      2. Define Additional Integrated Identities Requirements - scope not previously included in DTI039:​

        • Conduct further surveys and analysis of other user groups, including service owners and sys admins​ - it was felt that only part of the requirements gathering had been completed by DTI039, and remaining surveys and analysis of other user groups should be undertaken within this existing project  (DTI039)

        • Consider staff and visitor identities​ (this would be a new project)

        • Format of student UUNs - the current format is running out of characters for the number of applications we are receiving.  We may even want to move to a more human-friendly format, as we have done with e-mail addresses ​(this would be a new project)

      3. Implement Integrated Identities (DTI040)​

        • Implement changes to processes​

        • Implement changes to IDM​

        • Implement changes to downstream systems​

The following actions were agreed:

  1. Arrange to meet with Alex, Iain, Graeme, Dave to review DTI038 PICCL Change 4 (action: Craig) [complete - scheduled for 21/6]

The next programme meeting will be scheduled in August 2018  by the new Programme Manager. 

Documentation

Not available.