JUNE 2018

Report Date
June 2018

For security reasons, images aren't duplicated during cloning. Please re-add or replace the image as required.

Report by Mark Hay, MVMBUS Programme Manager.

for Jim Nisbet MVMBUS Programme Owner.

CMVM Head of IT (MVM Portfolio Manager) and Catherine Elliot (MVM Portfolio Owner)  

Distribution: 

  • Campus / Deanery meetings.
  • College Operations Group (COG) meeting
  • Excerpts taken into CSG report.

Section One: Programme Commentary, RAG and Resources Update

Programme Managers Commentary

MVM508 [CMVM Staff and Visitor print consolidation]

Considerable progress has been made in respect of implementing the project at the bioQuarter campus. and the concerns expressed in the last report have now been resolved. 

MVM509 [Implementation of Vet Practice Management System]

Continued progress is being made. 

MVM522 [MVM Business Process Review for SharePoint Delivery]

Progress is being made in relation to engagement with stakeholders and several workshops are progressing in developing work for the service. There are concerns being raised over issues that would have the potential to hamper ongoing development and support of the work being carried out.  The project has been moved to red. 

Note: The Programme Manager has changed the sponsor to Sheila Fraser to reflect the change in leadership. 

MVM523 [Pilot project for WHO's OFF online Staff Leave Management]

An interim has been published as agreed. Very good feedback from across the area with positive results being seen from an internal survey.  The flexibility of the product in particular seem very welcome.  The project will be suspended again until a final report is due in 1st Q of 2019.

MVM525 [Procurement of a Vendor Neutral Archiving (VNA) System for the Vet School]

New PM appointed - Concern of the cost implications and the outcomes following the increased cost factoring

CURRENT PROGRAMME STATUS: RED

 

Section Two: Projects Not Started

Project Info   Programme Manager's Commentary

MVM502

CMVM College IT communications strategy This project will be placed under review in Q2 2018
MVM503 CMVM IT Finance costs portfolio This project will be placed under review in Q2 2018
MVM507 Risk, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Linked primarily CIS002 - Oct 2016 - MVM518 - This project will be placed under review in Q2 2018
MVM510 CMVM Digital literacy staff and student development This project will be placed under review in Q2 2018
MVM514 CMVM Bioquarter Infrastructure & IT Services Development This project will be placed under review in Q2 2018

MVM516

IS - Honours Project Portal move to central resources Currently at the review stage by Programme Manager - Agreement to move forward - More detailed report for next month.
Active Projects

[MVM508]: CMVM Staff and Visitor print consolidation

Achieved

  • Meeting with Chancellors administrators held
  • Clear pathway forward identified
  • QMRI to go first then Chancellors

Issues

  • Because of chancellors moves - QMRI will go first

Next Steps

  • 3 QMRI printers identified for replacement order to be submitted
  • Other printers in QMRI and Chan to be mopped up

[MVM509Implementation of Vet Practice Management System

Report by Colin Watt

Achievements in Last Period

  • Additional R(D)SVS staff resource is being assigned to the project. Business Lead is spending time on handover with Adam Gow, Jess Porter, and Corolla Daniel to cover development and operational aspects of Provet. This has now been shared with FNS.
  • FNS updated the Project Board on 21/06/18 indicating that the MVP for HFSA is now expected to be available to UoE for testing from early August.
  • Follow up to Project Board 21/06/18 on Provet Live Service issues with FNS.
  • FNS visit to R(D)SVS w/c 25/06/18 to support launch of Provet use with external labs and demonstration and training for the clinical reporting.
  • Data Migration carried out on test and live environments with HFSA data to maximise testing time and capability in prep for the HFSA launch.
  • Provet migration scripts are being modified so that they can take monthly updates (Tristan data and files) from this point until final launch; this has the benefit of reducing potential downtime when the service is switched over, this also provides contingency for Provet to be brought into service quickly should this be agreed in the event of an unplanned and catastrophic failure with Tristan.

Issues

  • Plans now in place for R(D)SVS resourcing however concerns remain on availability of key R(D)SVS staff to cover critical aspects of the project; now that a plan is in place for staffing, FNS have been informed about the upcoming departure of the Business Lead and that a plan is in place; no escalation necessary at this stage.
  • FNS updated the Project Board on 21/06/18 indicating that the MVP for HFSA is now expected to be available to UoE for testing from early August; given the anticipated lead time for a launch in HFSA, this would now realistically be Sep/Oct, and dependent on R(D)SVS staff availability for UAT in August, which is not confirmed; PM has raised concerns over this with the Project Board. Milestones to be re-done based on followup from latest FNS visit to Edinburgh - the plan is to have revised milestones agreed at July Project Board. no escalation necessary at this stage.
  • Interim solution to address the staff difficulties with Farm & Equine kiosk machines is being tested; Head of College IT to update the Project Board at July meeting (not available at June meeting); no escalation necessary at this stage.

Next Steps

  • R(D)SVS staff to carry out spot checks comparing information in live cases in Tristan to Provet ahead of any Go / No Go decision on HFSA launch.
  • Identify external candidate for extended labpilot.
  • Progress test cases for UAT ahead of HFSA launch.
  • Review project plan, timeline, estimates for next Project Board 21/06/18.
  • Review budget, resourcing, timeline and milestones.

Project RAG status is currently AMBER due to the revised timeline needing to be approved by the Project Board.

[MVM522MVM Business Process Review for SharePoint Delivery

Report by Paul De'Ath

Achievements

  • Micro groups are focusing on:- 1) induction process  2) taxonomy, site permissions 3) criteria to identify content to migrate but only progressing item 1
  • An initial IT process workflow was captured , business process flow delayed until July
  • Continue to meet Service Excellence around core HR requirements
  • Approval from MVM HR to progress item 1 (induction material)
  • Presented high level options to manage SharePoint issue

Issues

  • One new risk identified and one risk became an issue
  • Closure milestone and internal project milestones moved to next academic year, budget in place

Next Steps

  • Meet SharePoint external suppliers
  • Present an options paper on how to best proceed
  • Progress the work on the induction material

[MVM523]Pilot project for WHO's OFF online Staff Leave Management

Report by Jens Brincker

Achievements

  • WhosOff pilot has now been running successfully for 4 months
  • Results of survey sent to users show exclusively a very positive feedback
  • Users are accessing it from desktops, laptops, mobile phones and tablets and are finding it to be an easy, quick and efficient way to manage leave.
  • The flexibility and transparency of the system has been praised by both users and management
  • In addition the system is providing management with a wide variety of options for viewing leave information and creating reports

Issues

  • None

Next steps

  • EDI to document and finalise the new processes for staff leave
  • Earlier decision to not record sick leave will be revisited, revaluated and discussed
  • Monthly reporting will be suspended until January 2019
  • Project sponsor to provide full report to Programme board in 1st quarter 2019

[MVM525Procurement of a Vendor Neutral Archiving (VNA) System for the Vet School

Achievements This Period

  • PM (Barry Ure) appointed

  • Business Requirements workshop arranged for 30th of July

  • Replanning workshop arranged for 24th of July

  • Weekly Team meetings set up

  • Project Stakeholder meeting held on 20th of June

Issues

Next Steps

  • Complete Requirements gathering

  • Replan and Estimate 

  • Confirm funding with Stakeholder 

Section Four: Closed, Withdrawn or Suspended Projects (For legacy information)

CLOSED

Project Info Project Managers Commentary
MVM009 Closed
MVM512 Closed
MVM513 Closed
MVM519 Closed
MVM501 Closed

WITHDRAWN

Project Info Programme Managers comments
[MVM511] CMVM College WWW Presence development Withdrawn
[MVM717] CMVM Developing the CMVM Intranet environment Withdrawn
[MVM521] Scientific Linux 7 (SL7) - Psychiatry Withdrawn
[MVM504] CMVM Digitisation of paper records Withdrawn
[MVM506] CMVM Reporting and data intelligence Withdrawn
[MVM503] CMVM Corporate Business Services review Withdrawn

SUSPENDED

Project Info Programme Managers comments
[MVM523] Pilot project for WHO's OFF online Staff Leave Management Project suspended until July 2018

 

Documentation

Not available.