Report for October 2018

Report Date
October 2018

 

Report by Muriel Mewissen on behalf of David Perry and Anthony Davie (MVMRes Programme Managers), for Charles ffrench-Constant and Paul McGuire (MVMRes Programme Owners), Sheila Fraser (MVM Portfolio Manager) and Catherine Elliot (MVM Portfolio Owner)

 
Distribution:
  • Institute IT meetings / Service Review meetings.
  • College Research Support Network (RSN) meeting.
  • College Research Committee
  • Excerpts taken into CSG report

 

Section One: Programme Commentary, RAG and Resources Update

Commentary

During October, MVM315 REACH has completed its delivery phase and is now set to close.

A decision was made at the Programme Review Monthly Meeting - October 2018 to suspend MVM305 Flexible Server hosting until a new PM can be identified following the departure of the current MVM PM.

Another project remains suspended:

All other projects are progressing to plan and have a GREEN RAG status. The overall status of the MVMRes programme is GREEN.

Please note that the project RAG status is following the revised guidelines: A one-page summary of the IS RAG status indicators is available on this page.

 

Forward Look - October 2018

 

Section Two: Projects Not Started

Project Programme Manager's Commentary
MVM309 Scientific administration process enhancements To be started in March 2019
MVM311 Storage Strategy Being initiated

 

Section Three: Projects in Progress

 MVM302: Compute and High Performance Compute Strategy - RAG Status: GREEN

Report by Barry Horne

Achievements this period

  • Survey Completed, started analysis of the data

Issues

  • Getting enough time to proceed with project is proving challenging with current work load.
  • Survey wasn't completed by all areas, has had to be resubmitted.

Next Steps

  • Create and circulate draft strategy document.
  • Create generic case studies based on results of questionnaire.

MVM305: Flexible Server hosting  - RAG Status: SUSPENDED

Report by Barry Horne

Achievements this period

Issues

Next Steps

  • Identify new PM

  • PM to engage with potential project stakeholders and circulate draft project brief.

  • PM to arrange initial stakeholder meeting, with view to sign-off project brief and initiate project.  

MVM308: Research computing induction - RAG Status: GREEN

Report by Paul De'Ath

Achievements this period

  • Moving towards planning. Limited progress.

Issues

  • N/A

Next steps

  • Finalise project brief, confirm new milestones, review and update all risks

MVM311: CMVM Data Storage Strategy - RAG Status: GREEN

Report by Geoff Cropley

Achievements this period

  • Project brief has been produced and deliverables are to be agreed with stakeholder community.

Issues

  • None

Next Steps

  • Agree final scope and deliverables and submit through project governance to signal end of planning.

MVM314: SEBI - Data Collection and Modelling - RAG Status: SUSPENDED

Report by Colin Watt

Achievements this period

  • None, project is currently suspended
  • Update w/c 05/11/18: PM met with SEBI team and agreed that no additional technical work is required to support the SEBI programme at this time, so the project can be closed; outstanding issue is the support and maintenance of the Tableau platform, so PM to meet with the Head of Development Services to put options together on an interim agreement with the intention of closing the project in December.

Next Steps

  • Status to be reviewed in October

MVM315: REACH - RAG Status: AMBER

Report by Jamie Thin

Achievements this period

  • Public web front end 

    • Final deployment to LIVE completed / Drupal core patching on  Wed 3-Oct
    • IS LTW WGI team have documented the solution for Drupal core updates and  completed handover to business user in AUKCAR
  • Back-end REACH Admin

    • No outstanding issues
  • Handover to Business owner & IS Production Support

    • Operation Level Agreement (OLA) -  approved by Susan Buckingham
    • Handover to  IS Production management has been completed by project team

Issues

  • Susan Buckingham has asked when first EIT invoices will be raised by IS Production for support of REACH / AUKCAR service
  • Susan Buckingham has approved Project closure, pending advance notice of support invoicing arrangements

Next Steps

  • Close project

 

Section Four: Closed or Withdrawn Projects

Project Info

Project Manager's Commentary

MVM306: Network IT improvements

This project was started in April 2017 and was closed on the 28 September 2018. The Completion Report is available to view.

 

Section Five: Programme Meeting Minutes

Date Comments
30 October 2018 Programme Review Monthly Meeting - September 2018
27 September 2018 Programme Review Monthly Meeting - August 2018
24 July 2018 Programme Review Monthly Meeting - July 2018
4 July 2018 Programme Review Monthly Meeting - June 2018
23 May 2018 Programme Review Monthly Meeting - May 2018
26 April 2018 Programme Review Monthly Meeting - April 2018
29 March 2018 Programme Review Monthly Meeting - March 2018
8 March 2018 Programme Review Monthly Meeting - February 2018
5 February 2018 Programme Review Monthly Meeting - January 2018
30 November 2017 Programme Review Monthly Meeting - November 2017

Programme Info

Documentation

Not available.