There is a requirement to replace the underlying infrastructure that supports the current Kx database server, and there is also the potential to extend this to the application server as well if deemed necessary. This is to ensure that the application and database resides on fully supported infrastructure to take advantage of the security patching and the latest technology. This will provide a more resilient platform moving forward resulting in an improved user experience in terms of up time, speed and security. This project will look at doing the following:
- Prepare a proposal regarding the required technical specification to support the current and future business needs.
- Evaluate whether the application infrastructure needs to be upgraded.
- Arrange for the provisioning of the necessary infrastructure.
- Build and prepare the required infrastructure.
- Undertake the migration of the database from the current to the new infrastructure.
- If necessary, undertake the migration of the application to the new infrastructure.
Current project status
|Report Date||RAG||Budget||Effort Completed||Effort to complete|
|September 2017||BLUE||0.0 days||0.0 days||0.0|