The University of Edinburgh is undertaking procurement to replace the majority of its data network infrastructure.
The scope of the forthcoming procurement is limited to the University Local Area Network (LAN) and is expected to include the following:-
- Core layer infrastructure
- Distribution layer infrastructure
- Edge layer infrastructure
- Wireless LAN (WLAN) infrastructure
- Internal firewalls
- Perimeter firewalls (added Feb 2018)
- Security Controls
- Network Management and Monitoring Systems
- Maintenance & support services
- ResNet wired and wireless infrastructure (added May 2018)
While other components of the data network infrastructure remain out of scope the University may decide to incorporate some of these if there are additional service advantages to do so and this can be achieved cost effectively.
Current project status
|Report Date||RAG||Budget||Effort Completed||Effort to complete|
|August 2019||BLUE||738.0 days||1,094.0 days||0.5|