Service improvement initiative to deliver rolling programme of upgrades to the Wiki software.
The objective is to move from the current version 5.7.5 to version 5.9.5 in order to keep Confluence version no more than two point release behind the most recent releases, and never running software beyond Atlassian’s “end of life” for that version. As part of this upgrade, the project would also aim to recode the IDM connector to address the issues we have with the current connector.
The target date for a production upgrade of the live service is at the end of the academic year - end of June 2016.
Additionally it has been requested that this project create a (non-upgraded) WIKI environment for Genomics and seperate them from the current live service. Change is required before the start of the next academic year.
This project will:
- Introduce the latest patches and features to production as soon as possible
- Demonstrate long-term commitment to the Central Wiki Service
- Maintain skill base around Confluence software
- Review, audit and rationalise installed plugins (add-ons)
- Recode the IDM connector
- Seperate Genomics from the main Edinburgh live wiki and provide a Genomics TEST & LIVE instance
- Upgrade the Wiki Database from Oracle 11g to Oracle 12c in DEV, TEST & LIVE
Current project status
|Report Date||RAG||Budget||Effort Completed||Effort to complete|
|August 2016||BLUE||80.0 days||118.0 days||1.0|