Report for March 2021
- Report Date
- March 2021
Achievements this period
- ADA and System Design (IDM) and Design Review (for IDM) held. The Design Review milestone was replanned to allow a separate design document for the VRS component to be included.
- A Demo of the VRS components using SharePoint was held. This demo was positively received however, some further work needs to be completed in order to confirm SharePoint as the solution. The demo was created without the need for any additional license costs, only using the campus licenses already in place.
- Good progress has been made on the IDM component build. The focus is on developing the IDM read and write micro services. idmread-ms/idmwrite-ms microservices
- Initial comms were sent out to all stakeholders. The comms included a short questionnaire. Based on the feedback we are planning to hold a limited number of workshop type sessions to gather information about how each individual school use the current VRS in their processes. The project does at they stage not plan to complete a full business requirements, instead we will use the outcome of the stakeholder sessions and the comprehensive requirements completed under COM011.
- The decision regarding the BVRS solution is taking longer than expected. This design will be based not only on the SP Demo and accompanying design document and estimates. Head of Development Services has requested that an estimate to build the VRS solution in Python is also considered. This estimate is currently outstanding.
- Complete and estimate the design document for VRS components
- make a decision on the solution for the VRS components
- Plan out stakeholder workshops
- Continue building the IDM components
- Continue with technical build documentation
AMBER: The project is AMBER due to the delay on the design decision on the VRS components. The project is expected to return to GREEN next month.