The objectives of this project were:
- Analyse the current processes for capturing learning and development needs across CSG in order to inform a strategy for capturing and reporting on learning and development for CSG
- Provide analysis and recommendations to help inform a decision on a solution
This project has successfully delivered:
- Analysis of existing learning and development tracking processes for each of the CSG Business Units
- High level requirements for CSG categorised by Learner and Line Manager
- Market research summary for learning and development tracking systems at realistic price point
- Selection of supplier (Think Associates) and product (Totara LMS) using the UK government’s G Cloud framework
- Recommendations for extending MyEd Events Booking Admin system and BI Suite reporting for supporting training delivery (scoped out of requirements)
- Signed contract on G Cloud framework with Think Associates and purchase order raised for implementation of Totara LMS (beginning with 500 user subscriptions)
Analysis of Resource Usage:
Staff Usage Estimate: 58 days
Staff Usage Actual: 60 days
Staff Usage Variance: 3%
Other Resource Estimate: 0 days
Other Resource Actual: 0 days
Other Resource Variance: 0%
Explanation for variance:
Completed within budget tolerance.
Key Learning Points:
For small market research exercises, engage early with Procurement Office to validate requirements for capturing supplier and product information.
The Procurement Office and IS Applications have learnt a lot about the workings of the G Cloud framework which is already proving useful for other projects.
The implementation of Totara LMS will be a follow-up project (CSG011) starting in January 2017.