As part of the process for the University of Edinburgh to combine industry engagement within a single environment this project will onboard specific areas of the Business School associated with industry engagement, namely, Alumni and Business Engagement; Student Development; MBA Development Team.
The scope of this project is to enable business contacts and relationship details to be managed and maintained within the IRM (INDUSTRY RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT) for the departments within the Business School associated with industry engagement, namely, Alumni and Business Engagement; Student Development; MBA Development Team.
Define the current business contact and relationship details that can be incorporated within the IRM.
Define and implement the required process flows to be utilised by the stated Business School departments within the IRM.
Define and deliver reporting requirements.
Import the identified data into the IRM.
Implement post onboarding support.
Complete data cleansing of existing Salesforce data prior to data migration
Out of scope
The migration of data that falls outside the current configuration of the IRM
All other departments within the Business School
Design updates to IRM schema
Objectives and Deliverables
Priority: M = Must Have; S = Should Have; C = Could Have; W = Want
- M = has to be satisfied for the final solution to be acceptable in terms of delivery dates, compliance, viability etc.
- S = high-priority requirement that should be included if possible -workarounds may be available
- C = a nice-to-have requirement
- W = want but will not be part of this project
In terms of both Objectives and Deliverables
- O = Objective
- D = Deliverable
|Objectives and Deliverables
|Onboarding specified Business School departments to manage and maintain industry relationships from within the IRM
|Definition of Business Requirements
|Data migration from existing Salesforce CRM
|Implementation of IRM support arrangements
- Alignment to UoE IRM / IT strategy
- Improved business processes
- Access to additional potential business contacts
- Full user training and support documentation
- Aligned to receive on-going enhancements of the IRM
- Project based approach for move to Salesforce IRM
- Establishment of SLA’s/OLA’s
The successful onboarding of the specified Business School users within the IRM
|Business Requirements Completed
|Sandbox Migration Completed
|User Training Completed
|Live Migration Completed
|IRM Onboarding Completed