Report for September 2017
- Report Date
- September 2017
Achievements in Last Period
- Security Policy broadly agreed. The remaining open issue is the need for encryption-at-rest for confidential data (see below).
- Technical architecture design complete, and in final stages of approval. We will use Oracle as the DB platform. We will create a bespoke, separate VMware Oracle based platform. We do not require any additional Oracle license options for the initial build.
- Org / Hierarchy application design complete. We will build Org /hierarchy using Talend Open source ETL.
- SSIS Dev build complete. This is our back-up ETL tooling option.
- The decision on the need for encryption-at-rest has been deferred current security policy; we will not have confidential data in the initial build. This issue is enterprise wide, and will be taken forward outwith the programme (Dave Berry).
- The project was planned with an assumption EDW would be built using a standard Oracle platform. This is not the case, and additional time and effort will be required. The project will be re-planned to accommodate.
- Commence DEV build
- Start Org/ Hierarchy development.
- Start Development Organisation discussions.
The project is currently reporting AMBER, until such time as the project has been re-planned and approved.