Report for November 17
- Report Date
- November 2017
- Expecting BI/MI Analysis Toolkit v2.0 10 November 17 - eventually submitted on 22 November 17
- Expected toolkit on 10th November. Project manager informed consultant that although she was on leave on the Monday 13 to Wednesday 15 she would review the toolkit on the Friday night (10th) before going on holiday and would circulate to reviewers. Toolkit did not arrive on the 10th or the 13th. PM asked Estates BA to chase up in her absence. Consultant informed that the toolkit would be with us by cop 15 November.
- 15 November consultant informed that due to the feedback on the Estates document meant that Toolkit would not be coming on the 15th and he would pick that back up on the 16th November. PM asked for a revised date for the toolkit but the consultant asked when we were going to reschedule it! PM explained that she needed consultant to provide a date as she was not re-arranging reviewers until we had confidence in a date.
- Finally received the toolkit on 22 November although we had to email for updated links as the links the consultant sent were to the old version. We were expecting that this draft of this work to be as close to the final version as possible. Reviewers were in agreement that the document was a huge disappointment. Link to Feedback document
- Programme manager fed back the comments to the consultant and his manager adding that we were disappointed with the overall contents and quality of the toolkit and that a considerable amount of rectification will be required their part before UoE were prepared to sign it off.
- Following a call with Consultancy the Managing Director acknowledged to programme manager that their company had dropped the ball on this one and would provide a plan of action to remedy.
- They have agreed to re-issue a draft of the BI/MI Analysis Toolkit on the afternoon of Friday 8 December (after 3pm) with a view to reviewing this with programme manager first then sponsor and project manager on 11 December. A review by skype is arranged for Tuesday 12 December at 9am.
- A review by skype is arranged for the new version of the toolkit on Tuesday 12 December at 9am.
- Revise closure date
Rag commentary: Project is Amber as remedial work to be done by consultants (as the overall contents and quality of the deliverable was substandard and disappointing). This will impact the delivery and closure dates and revised dates will be submitted when we see the quality of the revised deliverable on 11 December.