Report for August 2017
- Report Date
- August 2017
The most significant event for the project has been the financial difficulties of the Atlantis company, whose product is a main component of the technical solution.
The risk is such that the project has asked that a replacement for Atlantis be found and this is currently being researched.
Another major impact has been that due to the deployment of Windows 10 being postponed from start of term (DTP008/13), key desktop colleague Mark Wiseman is now required to help with preparing Windows 7 for extended use in 2017/18, which will keep him off the project until end of August.
Achievements in Last Period
- resolve technical issues - some resolved, not all
- outcome of Atlantis decision - replan expected mid-Sept for subsequent review by the project board
- project board meeting and approval of Atlantis, descope of NvIvo - scheduled at end of Sept
- communication plan draft - based on new dates from replanning
- UAT planning and user engagement draft - based on new dates from replanning
Issues and Risks
- Issue : We have two new technical issues around Port and HTML 5 - still to be resolve
- Risk : Atlantis company in difficulty, project looking for a new technical solution - impact on plan to be assessed
- Risk : NvIVo is to be recommended as being too complex to take on in this initial launch of the service - pending board approval
- resolve technical issues
- outcome of Atlantis decision - replan
- project board meeting and approval of Atlantis, descope of NvIvo
- communication plan draft
- UAT planning and user engagement draft
Status is Red due to current risks and issues as above.
These need replanned/confirmed
|22-Sep-2017||Security Acceptance Sign-off|
|10-Oct-2017||Start Pilot Service|
|07-Dec-2017||Deployment of Apps to User Devices -Full Service Live|
|01-Feb-2018||Sign-off Full Service Deployment|
|15-Feb-2018||Closure of Project|