Report for July 2018
- Report Date
- July 2018
Progress has been made across a numer of areas in July, however there is still uncertainty regarding a number of the items on the critical path.
Project is RED due to the testing (integrate) milestone moving out by more than one month due to dependencies on the CISX05 Brocade project and resourcing conflicts for both the development/support (desktop) and testing (UAT) teams.
The external consultant (Softcat) was on site w/c 23rd July to complete the outstanding build tasks and finalise a number of pending documentation tasks.
A technical Testing plan had been agreed with Enterprise team to start in July and complete by mid-August, however the changing timescales of the CIX05 (Brocade project) and dependency on the output from this project has put the technical testing on hold.
User testing is underway from CAHSS representatives, however there is no confirmed commitment from CSE, CMVM or ODL at this stage. Commitment on dates from these areas is key for August to get the schedule back on track.
Achievements in Last Period
- Build tasks complete - hardware resilience and Netscaler branding applied
- Test support docmentation finalised - UAT strategy, Citrix user guide and TestRail documentation issued
- Testing effort underway within CAHSS
- The low-level design (LLD) and technical architecture document (TAD) issued for review/approval - comments received back, Softcat working on updates
- Technical and user documentation issued, including UAT test strategy to assist the UAT effort
- Engagement with training, helpdesk, production support and accessibility teams on-going
- EqIA has been approved and issued
- PIA has been drafted, with service owner for comment
- OLA has been drafted, with stakeholder groups for comment
- Internal (helpline) training - users identified that the training will be delivered to - plan of when this will happen to be agreed with service owner
- Internal (technical) training - the desktop team require 2-3 days bespoke training to be delivered prior to service go-live - plan of when this will happen to be agreed with service owner
- External (user) training - scope of training materials to be created agreed with Softcat and Global Knowledge - awaiting feedback from GK on timescales
- Website for service has been created on EdWeb (unpublished) - pending content creation
Issues and Risks
- Progress delayed on technical testing due to dependency on CISX05 Brocade project
- Progress delayed on UAT due to dependency on resources being available from the user groups
- Progress delayed on preparing for service go-live due to resource clash with WIN10 programme
- Continue with CAHSS test prep and execution in August
- Agree timetable for CSE, CMVM and ODL test phases
- Finalisation of PIA and OLA documentation in Augut - subject to service owner availability
- Start populating content to EdWeb for service launch - subject to service owner availability
- Approval of communications plan - note to go to stakeholders in advance of project board at end of August
- Start technical testing tasks in August, assuming brocade network design and implementation is confirmed
- Agree timetable for all training activities
|UAT and Technical Testing Sign-off||
|Service Start (soft launch)||
|Deployment of Apps to User Devices -Full Service Live (payment 4/5)||
|Sign-off Full Service Deployment||
|Closure of Project (payment 5/5)||