A TAD was not created specifically for this project.
The previously-existing TAD for the portal is at: K:\ISAPPS\dsg\DevelopmentTechnology\tad_diags\ECA001
All application components should be taken from the appropriate subversion repository. The tag for this deployment is 2.1.0.r12616.
A production branch will be created by the developer shortly after live deployment is completed.
Make a backup of the ecaportal database for the environment you are about to deploy to. This will be required in the event of a rollback.
Set application to be 'under maintenance':
- Copy /src/htdocs/Application.cfm into the webroot E:\inetpub\TEST\ecaportal\htdocs\ (adjust path for live).
- Delete Application.cfc from the webroot: E:\inetpub\TEST\ecaportal\htdocs\Application.cfc
Obtain the scripts from the repository: /db/patches/ECA010
Connect to database instance as user ecaportal and run both files, in order, on database ecaportal.
Patch web application
Copy (adjust path for LIVE):
- /src/htdocs/ into E:\inetpub\TEST\ecaportal\htdocs\
Overwrite existing files.
- Log into the portal as an admin user.
- Browse to c->feedback/assessment->student grades.
- Select a cohort under 'manage grades', e.g. 2013/4 / Animation (UTANIMBAH) / UGT 3
- Verify that only the Yellow and Red exam board control panels are displayed. (Blue should not be present).
- Restore the ecaportal database from the backup which was created before this deployment.
- Delete all files in E:\inetpub\TEST\ecaportal\htdocs\ (adjust path for live).
- Copy all files from last good tag https://svn.ecdf.ed.ac.uk/repo/is/apps/software/eca_portal/tags/2.1.0.r10803/src/htdocs into E:\inetpub\TEST\ecaportal\htdocs\ (adjust path for live)