The Estates Department has identified the need to utilise a document management system to improve the management of all documents associated with new building and refurbishment projects. This is further highlighted with the on-going large capital building project scheduled over the next 10 years, with an estimated cost in excess of £1 billion.
The project will Investigate potential document management solutions and provide recommendations and implement the chosen solution
A system is required to assist with the document management of all building type projects. It is envisaged that the system will provide the ability to:
- Host documents either internally or externally an extranet system, which would permit UoE staff and contractors/consultants to upload and amend documents, e.g. drawings.
- Create individual projects and assign user access rights on a project by project basis
- Set access rights on documents for specific users
- Allow users to check in and out documents.
- Versioning functionality.
- Ideally, it would plug into Outlook for ease of filing. Failing this, it would have one log-in to view/amend and also for read-only access (similar to EASE).
Current project status
|Report Date||RAG||Budget||Effort Completed||Effort to complete|
|May 2016||BLUE||120.0 days||117.0 days||0.0|