The project will deliver a SOLUTION capable of supporting Estates work to deliver a £1.2bn capital building works plan over the next 10 years by enabling management of complex portfolios of projects.
The solution will comprise the following elements:
- Configuration of an Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (EPPM) software tool to support optimised Business Processes that cover these business activities:
- High Priority – Programme Management, Cost Management, Capital planning & Portfolio Management
- Medium Priority – Exceptions reporting, Change Control, Management Reporting
- Low Priority – Resource planning, Project Management
- Implementation of that EPPM software, providing these functions:
- Effective scenario planning at capital planning and delivery stages.
- Single source of truth of progress across all projects.
- Visibility of progress against programme.
- Improved reporting formats (graphical / dashboards / templates).
- Increased visibility and control of expenditure.
- Improved cost, time and risk management.
- Consistent and comparable presentation of data.
- Standardisation of cost and programme management.
- Tracking and reporting project funding sources.
- Develop controlled links with University financial systems
- Significant reduction in time spent producing reports and administrating projects
- Auditable activity trials
- Promote procedural adherence and enhanced governance
- Single repository for project documentation
- Feed of financial data to Core system (e-Financials)
- Implementation of Software licencing for 25 users of the EPPM application.
- Implementation of SaaS hosting of the solution.
- Training for users of the EPPM system.
- Implementation of Business as Usual Support service for the EPPM solution.
This Project part of the Estates Capital System Programme. The programme is split into a number of work streams, including Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (EPPM).
EPPM seeks to develop a new technical solution to improve Estates capabilities in Capital and scenario financial planning and Project management within the Estates Development function. The EPPM workstream will be delivered by a series of IS projects:
- Estates Capital System Procurement (EST102)
- Estates Capital System Implementation (EST103)
- Estates Capital System Embed & Optimise (EST104)
This project follows Estates Capital System Procurement (EST102) which comprised:
- Identification of an EPPM application (including associated applications) to align with Estates Capital Programme Strategy goals;
- Purchase of software licenses for 25 Estates Project Managers and Support staff;
- Purchase of software (application and database) support for 3 years (plus an option to extend for a further 2 and 4 years);
- Purchase of Software-as-a-Service (SAAS) hosting solution for 3 years (plus an option to extend for a further 2 and 4 years).
LINK TO PROJECT SHAREPOINT: https://uoe.sharepoint.com/sites/estatesis/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?guestaccesstoken=r96ME7Wo03y8rYE1YQzWDkIgt3Aw7A8H%2FV8k4mvSAd4%3D&folderid=2_0bb4bc3cf4b614f15bd071504c719932e&rev=1&e=c57e7e8108ae400da9e123bcdd4f096e
Current project status
|Report Date||RAG||Budget||Effort Completed||Effort to complete|
|July 2020||GREEN||514.0 days||575.0 days||0.0|