Report for November 2019
- Report Date
- November 2019
Both Space and Maintenance reports have now been system tested fully and the project is now in a position to move to the next stage of User Acceptance Testing.
A meeting was held with the Business in November with both the Space and Maintenance teams. At the meeting with the Business it was agreed that they we would start another round of User Acceptance Testing. It was also agreed that the earliest that the Business would be ready to start this testing would be the 06th of January and that it would run through January 2019. The business are now in the process of writing up User acceptance Scripts for full end to end testing. Any defects found during testing will be recorded in Jiras and then the EDW/BI teams will work on the fixes for these issues during the month of January.
A meeting was held with the Head of Project Services to discuss the status of the project and it was agreed that a Health check should be completed on the project. The focus of the Health Check will be to determine the delivery confidence based on the current project status rather than looking back at the previous history. This review will be done independently and will be completed during the month of December. Results of the review will be shared with the Business Sponsor.
- Set up a meeting to discuss the deployment strategy into Live and what will be the key Activities
- Set up a meeting to agree strategy for management of User Acceptance Testing
- Ensure Plan up-to-date with key activities for completion of the project
- Review the outcome of the Health check with the Business Sponsor
- The environments (dev, test and live ) Archibus that are being used for the testing are out of date and do not reflect the current Live environment. This makes the testing more difficult for the developers.
- The scope of the project has been extended as the BRD was written 1.5 years ago and the interpretation of the requirements has not been controlled.
- This project is over budget, has increased its scope and also the timeline will need to be extended due to complex issues found during testing
- A full end to end testing has not been done on the project, although extensive system testing has now been completed
The project is taking significantly longer due to issues found during testing. It is clear that there was never any integration testing performed at the beginning of the Project and when the first User Acceptance Testing was conducted a number of issues were found. These issues are mainly being found in the ETL layer which is when we are picking up data from Archibus and transferring this across to the Enterprise Data Warehouse. In addition to this there was no formal project management on this project for a number of months which has meant that the project has not been managed and this has impacted the timeline and scope of the project.
The developers have now performed in depth testing and the Business have agreed that we can go the next stage of User Acceptance Testing which is planned for January 2019. A full end to end testing has been planned for the period of January. After the testing has been completed there will be a review by the Business of the issues that are remaining and also the work involved to resolve any issues.
A Health check of the whole project is planned for December 2020