- Report Date
- February 2020
Key activities for this project in Q2 are as follows:
- Finalised the University's Good Food Policy 2020 and our 2019/20 Implementation Plan in partnership with ACE and Procurement colleagues.
- Updated the Good Food Infographic to reflect recent good food activities and improvements made by Good Food Policy partners.
- SRS continued to support and promote sustainable catering initiatives within ACE (in particular the new food waste recycling scheme and We Heart Reuse campaign).
- Alexis reviewed the new EU Green Public Procurement Guidance for food & catering and benchmarked the University's performance against these criteria. The review, which included recommendations, was shared with ACE.
- Alexis began developing Good Food KPIs to assist with monitoring performance.
- The University was awarded a Green Gown Awards in recognition of our whole-University approach to good food!
In early February we will publishing the updated Good Food Policy 2020, 2019/20 Implementation Plan and 2018/19 Highlights Infographic. We will aspire to put 'sustainable food KPIs' in place to assist with Good Food Policy monitoring and evaluation, and to initiate research with academic colleagues. Alexis is also supporting a group of Carbon Finance students with a living labs project to develop non-spend based methods of calculating the University's carbon footprint from food procurement.