Report for December to February 2017
- Report Date
- February 2017
Achievements this period
- A Public Art Puzzle Art symposium completed. Organisation and marketing went smoothly including getting a student team to help on the day. Event went really well. Evaluation and Feedback report written & attached.
- Paolozzi's sculptures at King's Buildings conservation and relocation going smoothly. Relocated at new temporary site mid May 2017.
- Some conservation reporting done on David Brewster Statue at King's Buildings. This may lead to further conservation work on statue depending on report.
- Susan Collis and Nathan Coley commissions are developing smoothly.
- Public Art Collection featured in reprint of Art Collection publication - good promotion and marketing.
- Increased promotion of public art.
- Organisation of first public art short promo film has developed really well.
- Teaching using collection has continued e.g Edinburgh Collection and Drawn from the City modules.
- Continued networking E.G Met with Estates, Jupiter Artland and Leeds
- Public Art University Curators Network. Led by Warwick and Leeds University, this AJRC funded developing good opportunity for promotion and research of our collection and its development.
Slight delay with photographing public art collection rescheduled to May 2017
Targets next period
- Website design getting underway
- Publish blog on symposium outcomes and feedback.
- Research more and write up interpretation for collection for website
- Prep vernon entries for website.
- Public Art Short Film being filmed, edited and marketed. Plan for second film with Alec Finlay or Susan Collis.
- Public Art Engagement programme planning and delivery including Festival of Museums events and ECA summer school.
- Continued support and promotion for new commissions
- Confirm installation dates for Susan Collis work at Bristo Square with Estates and Powderhall Bronze
- Continued development of research network and networking generally.
(All budget figures should be in £s)
|Budget||Breakdown||Spend to End of February 2017||Total Predicted Spend|
Costs related to Symposium
(List the expected spend over the next following months)
|Estimated Spend March||£ 1650.88 Costs: Filming, artists travel & costs for filming, carry over costs from symposium|
|Estimated Spend April||
£ 850 Intern Costs RE Design for Website & Conservation Report Costs
|Estimated Spend May||£ 580 Photographing art collection|
|Estimated Spend June||£ 500 possible research trips to Glasgow, Stirling etc|
|Estimated Spend July|| £ 4200 Website costs & Signage for collection on campus & Filming round 2|
|Estimated Spend August||£500 photographing and promoting (launch) Susan Collis' work at Bristo Square|
|Estimated Spend 17/18||£ 10443.96|