Customer Service Excellence is an accreditation framework that encourages services to be efficient, effective, excellent, equitable and empowering. It is a practical tool for driving customer-focused change.
The project will work towards achieving accreditation for the Centre for Research Collections as a place, rather than a distinct department within hierarchical structure. This means that all staff who work in the CRC (from across Library & University Collections) will be included in the project in some capacity, though the majority of the work will be undertaken by staff in the CRC User Services team. In this context, customers include UoE staff, UoE students and visitors. Their interaction as customers takes place face-to-face, over the phone and via email.
The process requires the CRC to provide evidence against 57 elements in order to achieve accreditation. Once accreditation is achieved, and this project is complete, the CRC will move on to a rolling revalidation programme in tandem with IS Help Services (who have already achieved CSE).
- Achievement of Customer Service Excellence
- Collect a broad range of targeted customer research to support the planning and decision-making process for the service
- Employ a range of customer research methodologies that staff are confident using
- Ensure consistency across teams regarding service standards and KPIs
- A commitment to on-going customer-centre service development
- A more comprehensive collection of evidence to support Archives Accreditation and Museums Accreditation
- A more consistent experience for our customers no matter what their initial contact point is
- Increased collaborative working between CRC and IS Help Services
CRC achieves CSE accreditation from M Assessment.
|Target Date||Previous Date||Title||Stage||Complete|
|06-Apr-2018||No date available||M Assessment Appointed Assessors||Initiate||Yes|
|30-Apr-2018||No date available||Initial Project Plan Completed||Plan||No|
|04-May-2018||No date available||Introduction to CSE for all CRC Staff||Plan||No|
|21-Dec-2018||No date available||Evidence Gathered for minimum of 25 Elements||Execute||No|
|28-Jun-2019||No date available||Pre-Assessment Visit||Execute||No|
|27-Sep-2019||No date available||Full Standard Self-Assessment Submitted Online||Deliver||No|
|27-Sep-2019||No date available||Full Standard Assessment Visit Completed||Deliver||No|