The scheduling stream will cover the following areas:
- Analysis of the end to end process for scheduling a lecture recording. In particular it will look at the best way for us to technically implement scheduling a recording so as to make the workflow for school administration as straightforward as possible. The analysis will be done in consultation with stakeholders, teaching colleagues from across the colleges as well as service and support staff for each of the services.
- This will lead to an Integration with Scientia (Timetabling) which will take scheduling data from Scientia to populate the lecture recording service.
- There will also be an integration with student system service as course information will be required within the Echo360 system.
- The administration of the lecture recording policy (which is being agreed within the Learning and Teaching Committee separate to this project) may require a web based user interface to be implemented.
Not in scope
- Any Lecture Recording policy matters.
- To build a simple and well understood workflow for the scheduling of lecture recording.
- To have a service that can implement lecture recording policy.
- To have clear documentation for users and technical staff.
- To run a workstream that is inclusive of teaching and non-teaching support staff across all three colleges.
- An agreed workflow for the scheduling of lecture recordings.
- System design(s), integration(s) and system build(s) which automates that workflow where it is possible.
- A scheduling timeline for course administration staff running to the start of 18/19 academic year when the integrations will be live.
- All appropriate documentation as will be noted in the deployment checklist.
- Handover to the appropriate support teams for each integration.
Development of the required integrations will be handled by Information Services staff with support from colleagues in Timetabling and Student Systems.