UoE Service Structure Brief
The Service Structure workstream covers the following areas:
- With the expansion of lecture recording to cover 300 rooms and the expected expansion in the number of users this workstream will initially analyse the service structure currently in place and examine whether a streamlined single point of contact would be a preferable way to support teaching spaces.
- To explore the benefits of adopting technology and process used in USD support. For example the phone system used by USD support may or may not allow for better call management and reporting.
- To plan the implementation of any recommendation for change that is accepted through programme governance and the support teams.
- To improve the support experience received by end users.
- Where possible to provide a consistent support experience within all teaching spaces across the campus.
- Scale the support operations for teaching spaces so as to cope with the increased number of locations that will require support after the expansion phase is complete.
- To better understand the working process and technologies used across the front line central support services. Where there is benefit those processes and technologies can be adopted to support teaching spaces.
- Analysis and evaluation of current processes used to centrally support teaching spaces across the campus.
- A paper which details any changes the support teams recommend to the teaching spaces support process.
- A plan to bring about that change including any phased changes or any pilot schemes to test the new support model.
UoE Service Structure is piggy backing onto the Timetabling Teaching Spaces Review. They begin their workshops in Jan 2018. Currently PM/BA support is included in the budget.