This stream will cover the following areas:
- Continue to support Strand 1 and Strand 2 of the Training Programme where required. Strand 1 and Strand 2 will train staff and students in the fundamentals of the lecture recording service.
- This workstream will cover the planning and delivery of Strand 3 of the Training programme which goes beyond the fundamentals of lecture recording and looks at the opportunities the new service offers the academic experience at the university.
- The training programme will cater for the expanding user group which will contain many users who are not familiar with lecture recording.
- Enhancing the delivery of training to focus messages through schools as well as delivering training for a central cross campus group.
To make sure we are underpinning the primary focus which is to serve the expanding user group using the following approach:
- Using a phased approach to deliver different training elements across different time periods.
- Take training to the Schools so they can practice in the rooms they will use.
- Offer a range of formats to suit the varied audience (must include hands-on).
- Offer training in modules so users can pick and choose what they need. Also keeps sessions short.
- Reassurance is key.
- To cater for each user group by achieving the following goals:
- Continue to move existing users onto the new system whilst maintaining continuity of service.
- Inform new users on the service and support the change in practice as lecture recording is incorporated into general teaching.
- Help to improve teaching through good practice when using the lecture recording service.
- To provide assistance that can help presenters feel more comfortable and confident when recording a lecture.
- Using additional tools and new methods to improve teaching
- Communicate case studies of those using lecture recording at the university to the user group and ring feedback from students.
- To resource the training team appropriately and cater for the peaks and troughs in demand for training within the schools.
- To analyse all feedback and enhance the lecture recording service that is being delivered.
Strand 3 will have multiple delivery methods.
- Fact finding meetings with school staff and appropriate stakeholders within the programme resulting in a work plan for phase 2. That work plan will then be approved through the programme governance process.
- The continued delivery of the fundamentals training which began in Phase 1.
- The delivery of stand 3 events.
- Collaboration with colleagues across the programme, schools, service team and academic forums (such as the Institute of Academic Development).
- Regular reporting on the attendance at training and analysis of the progress in strand 3 in relation to the expected benefits of lecture recording.
Training is being led by Digital Skills with PM support. Currently PM support is included in the budget.