- Report Date
- September 2019
Achievements this period
- The Vet School are unhappy with the temporary camera solution that was implemented in room G.45. This was down to a misunderstanding (due to a lack of communication to them) as they didn't realise it was a temporary solution to see if a trolley style system would be suitable for the room. Further communication will take place with the local IT team and the technicians who work in room G.45 to agree a suitable permanent solution which will be paid for out of the 2019/20 AV budget.
- The University library moved up to its new location within the Western General Medical Education Centre and the computer labs have been set up to allow students to make use of them.
- Have agreed with the AV contractor for the Western General Medical Education Centre that they will return on 2nd and 3rd October to complete the simulation room installations.
- The incorrect RJ45 ports installed in the Chancellor's Building rooms did not get replaced on the evenings of the 18th and 19th September as agreed with engie, despite sending reminder emails to them in advance of the work. This has therefore been escalated within their company, as our AV contractor needs to return to complete their work.
- The project will be now be closed due to the majority of the work being completed and a closure report will be created. The remaining work will be carried over into the new project for teaching spaces upgrades 2019/2020. This will include:
- Design solutions for the installation of the air canisters and the nurse/emergency call system for the Western General Medical Education Centre.
- Reinstall screens in Vet School G.45 once panels are painted.
- Implement permanent solution for the camera requirements in Vet School G.45.
- RJ45 ports to be replaced in Chancellor's Building and then AV contractor to return to complete installations.