This project will review the MVM requirements that align themselves to a sharepoint solution for a college Intranet.
The information gathering phase will cover the following:-
- College Office - MVMBUS, MVMLAT, MVMRES and Ext Eng and Comms
- Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies
- Deanery of Biomedical Sciences
- Deanery of Clinical Services
- Deanery of Molecular, Genetic and Population Health Sciences, Usher Institute, IGMM
- Medical School
- Institute for regenerative medicine
The project will be initiated in mid August under AP78-901 code.
Identify existing channels, establish where possible clear requirements, consider location for content (sharepoint - collaboration sharing, use of one drive for personal, teams and groups).
June 2018 update:-
As a consequence of PM engagement across the college, an emerging aspect of this project will be to spin out requirements into new projects as and when budget and approval is achieved.
Essentially, part of this project is to become a 'hothouse', identifying possibilities to assist MVM and improve processes, make them aware of tools etc and create new projects to support that work where appropriate.
MVM526 is an example of this. Zhejiang emerged as a BMTO requirement, that has now become a standalone project.
December 2018 update:-
An element of work initiated in MVM522 has now been transferred to MVM129 - BMTO exam support process workflow requirements, reviewing MBChB acquired product for suitability.
A decision has also been made to build upon one of the two existing MVM intranets, once it has been health checked. A number of sub-sites are now being developed for several areas:-
- deliver a college MVM sharepoint
- create a number of sub sites with MVM support - initially IGMM, academic administration
- migrate content from IS MVM sharepoint and then close - initially CPAG content, review of remaining
- training of appropriate staff - support, content creation
April 2019 update:-
The project will now focus on delivering the Collegemvm site on SharePoint only. The schools and accompanying deaneries, institutes, centres etc will develop their own sub sites outside the scope of the project. However, a site framework will be developed, recommendations for training, governance and permissions provided and assessments of all the 'hot house' items seeking to close them from this project with a review whether standalone projects are required.
Current project status
|Report Date||RAG||Budget||Effort Completed||Effort to complete|
|July 2019||BLUE||150.0 days||0.0 days||0.0|