The PURE system delivers a functional and usable research management information system, designed for researchers, administrators, and managers across the University. The PURE system has been in place in an operational capacity since summer 2011.
Regular upgrades to the software are normally undertaken by IS Production Management as part of the agreed support arrangements, however, Existing Oracle version (11g) is currently undergoing an upgrade to 12c due to support expiring October 2016. PURE currently sits on Oracle 11g and compliance therefore requires for it to migrate to 12c.
IS will will carry out some initial testing ( e.g.integration testing of interfaces) prior to handing over to the Business for regression testing.
IS will perform technology upgrades and will support the business testing.
If further major PURE versions are released while the project is in progress, these will be held until deployed to LIVE. Future upgrades will then be completed through the usual support arrangements.
Assume that there is no software development required. The only resource required will be from Development Technology and Production Management. It is recognized that there may be some 2nd Line resource required from the Software Development Team.( in event of new interface errors which Production management can't fix on their own)
Technical input from Atira will be required , technical documentation and consultancy and resources will need to be booked in advance to support key stages of the project work. James Toon is the channel for all comms with Atira / Elsevier.
Provide a supported version of PURE due to existing Oracle version (11g) currently undergoing an upgrade to 12c (support for 11g expires October 2016).
Benchmarking of performance before and after the Upgrade
Decommission old database
Access to bug fixing
Access to enhancements
Access to support
Migration to Oracle 12c is undertaken
- Dev upgraded successfully
- Test upgraded successfully
- Live upgraded successfully
- Test Plan successful
- Performance benchmarks are not compromised
PURE continues to function as normal on Oracle 12c platform
- gives researchers access to their research activity data for use in CVs, web profiles, etc.
- strengthens the University’s research management processes by enabling the incorporation of research activity data
- enables the collation of data with research collaboration partners (e.g.. pooling), facilitating management and preparations for external research assessment
- enables management oversight of research activity data to ensure its accuracy and therefore the accuracy of statutory returns to bodies such as SFC and HESA, and to exercises such as the Research Excellence Framework (REF)