The Research Excellence Framework (REF) is one of the most important statutory returns for Research Outcomes. University performance in the REF affect research funding for the 4 years following each REF return.
As a result of a government review (Stern) changes will be made to the upcoming REF return. While not all of this will be clarified until 2017 changes to Pure, the University processes for returning Research Outcomes data and potentially migration to a new model will be required.
The scope of this project is to engage with and support the changes required to ensure the University can complete a successful REF return. This may include:
- Changes to the Pure installation (supplied by Elsevier)
- Migration of data or changes to business logic
- Sourcing and importing data
- Impact evaluation of process changes and data collection exercises
- Changes to incoming interfaces from HR, Finance and VRS