As part of the Data Safe Haven project. It was agreed that backup infrastructure would be required in a alternative site to primary Data Safe Haven server site, the ACF at the Easter Bush Campus. It was agreed that the new Backup Infrastructure would be located at JCMB data Centre at the Kings Buildings Campus. Additionally, as part of this deliverable we would expand the capability of the existing TS3500 at the ACF by adding two additional expansion tape racks.
Aside from the above. The Tape Rack and accompanying Dell Stack going into the JCMB will need to be physically secured. This will take the form of a secured cage and potentially a Secured rack for the Dell stack.
- New Tape Rack(TS4500) to go into the JCMB Tape Rack.
- Dell Stack to Support the TS4500.
- Tape Media to go into the TS4500.
- Secured Cage and potentially rack for JCMB.
- Two expansion Tape Racks for the ACF TS3500.
- New Dell stack to support expended TS3500 and replace the existing, end of life kit.
- Tape media to go into the TS3500.
Benefits / Success Criteria
The Primary Benefit is to enable the Data Safe Haven to back backed up, off- site to a secure environment. Secondary benefits are to improve the performance of the existing backup infrastructure by upgrading the Dell Stack, which was at end of life.
|Target Date||Previous Date||Title||Stage||Complete|
|05-May-2017||No date available||Initiation Sign Off.||Initiate||Yes|
|16-Jun-2017||No date available||End Of Planning.||Plan||No|
|14-Jul-2017||No date available||Delivery.||Execute||No|
|28-Jul-2017||No date available||Closure||Close||No|