Report For December 2017
- Report Date
- December 2017
Achievements in Last Period
- All infrastructure installed.
- All networking tasks complete.
Issues and Risks
Key Tasks For Next Period
The delivery strategy is to get Data Safe Haven backing up to disk by the end of December. The December task list below with achieve this. By the end of January, in line with the first Data Safe Haven pilots going live, the target is to have Data Safe Haven and other, current backup objects being backed up to the new backup stale and tape drive.
- Disable backups on the current platform.
- Allow disk pools to drain to tape (multiple days)
- Leaving us with an idle and drained system.
- Database backup to tape
- All data and metadata now in the tape library
- Configure tape library into the new backup fabric.
- Configure all new hosts to see tape library.
- Configure new hosts to use the new library manager as the library broker.
- Import / DR the database backup we made into a new instance on the new platform.
- Open for business (firewall rules, client reconfigs pending).
|Target Date||Previous Date||Title||Stage||Complete|
|31-Jan-2018||No date available||Have DSH backing up to Tape.||Deliver||No|
|28-Feb-2018||No date available||Migrate all residual backup objects to new Infrastructure.||Deliver||No|
|16-Mar-2018||No date available||Closure||Close||No|