Improving Access Interfaces for Compute and Data
-Project waiting Management Decision on new Implementation Dates
This is a follow on project to continue to improve access interfaces for Compute and Data by implementing some proposals provided by projects last year to improve the systems and possibly solve some known issues.
The new project will:
1. Have an external agency conduct a review of our current DataStore Samba platform and proposed future solution (previously provided), then implement any recommendations.
2. Change the DataStore Infrastructure Configuration to Two Clusters.
3. Upgrade the DataStore GPFS Software of the existing system; involving all system software upgrades as a pre-requisite.
4. Review, Repair and Upgrade the DataStore DR Site.
5. Review, Repair and Replace Current OpenStack Service.
There will be an implementation plan developed for each workflow to upgrade the different systems and migrate users and data onto the changed infrastructure configuration and updated system software and switch them over from the old platform.
Current project status
|Report Date||RAG||Budget||Effort Completed||Effort to complete|
|August 2020||BLUE||178.0 days||69.4 days||0.0|