The following steps will be followed for each improvement:
1. Identify improvement and document the benefits and efficiencies this could bring. This will include any metrics that will support this work.
2. Document requirements with the business, to include business and system changes. These will be stories to enable an iterative approach.
3. Produce a prioritised list of system changes with estimates. Record in JIRA.
4. Define iteration/release cycle
5. Define and prepare training requirements where required
6. Plan release(s) to the live environment. Record as an acceptance/delivery milestone to include acceptance sign off from main stakeholders involved (business analyst, developer, business owner, Student Systems Support, IS Apps Man) .
7. Track the improvement's achievements, issues, and next steps on the monthly project report.
Resources Skills and Cost
The resources and skills required will be dependent on the content of each of the improvements.
An IS-APPS budget of 150 days has been allocated to cover this project. This is just a budget allocation for continuous improvement work and does not constitute an estimate for specific items of work. The majority of the days are expected to be resourced from within the core SSP team, but IS Application Management/Development Technology will be required for promotion into the live environment.
There is equivalent Student Systems resource available to support business analysis, testing and training of each improvement