Project Status Report - Period Ending 28.09.2018
- Report Date
- September 2018
Achievements this period
- Clarity provided on benefits case and programme members aligned in understanding
- Project Board held on 5th September
- First MVM User Group successfully held
- Transition planning session held with TTU and key activities identified
- Meeting with Euclid and Fees team held to discuss the impact of inclusion of non-credit courses (for credit bearing students)
- Successful meeting with Chemistry DoPs
- Review of Resource Booker functionality against MVM requirements
- Engagement with wider university sector on implications of selecting Resource Booker as the replacement MVM room booking system
- Kick off meeting to define approach and timelines for transitioning to the new room boking system (WRB or RB)
- BI meeting to outline possible resource requirements for BI reports to support comprehensive timetabling and room booking for Medicine
For escalation - New risk
- Admin recruitment is impacted - https://secure.projects.ed.ac.uk/unpublished/project/sas013/risks/13
Deliver all the MVM scope to start in summer 2019 (including NHS access and implementation timelines) - https://secure.projects.ed.ac.uk/unpublished/project/sas013/risks/1
Lack of engagement from CSE - https://secure.projects.ed.ac.uk/unpublished/project/sas013/risks/10
- IS resource availability - https://secure.projects.ed.ac.uk/unpublished/project/sas013/risks/8
- School Coordinators are not identified in time - https://secure.projects.ed.ac.uk/unpublished/project/sas013/risks/9
- Complete DoPS calls/engagement on the back of HR announcement by 2nd Oct.
- Send out admin email by 3rd Oct as is required for completion of trade union activities + taking TTU recruitment forward.
- Advertise admin vacancies on external free websites like total jobs etc by 3rd Oct.
- Plan out next steps for SLA review & analysis, first internal project meeting done on 25th Sep, further update to be provided in Implementation meeting on 3rd Oct.
- Arrange engagement with Scientia and MVM Senior Users as well users (inc NHS) to drive decision for WRB/RB. Susan Duff leading with this.
- Complete change/transition matrix, further update to be provided in Implementation meeting on 3rd Oct.
- Update on recruitment of system officer to be provided in Implementation meeting on 3rd Oct.
- Circulate draft board papers for 30th Oct board meeting by 22nd Oct.
No new milestones achieved.
- Staff in TTU team are recruited - https://secure.projects.ed.ac.uk/unpublished/project/sas013/milestones/staff-in-ttu-team-are-recruited