The Digital Ambassador project seeks to train student ‘Digital Champions’ to act as volunteer tutors for older people and other digitally-excluded groups living in Edinburgh or the surrounding area. Delivering foundation and essential digital skills (as defined by the SCVO - https://scvo.org.uk/support/digital/participation/skills) using tablet devices is the focus of the project. A pilot project ran in 2016, with rollout beginning in 2017.
The project has been one of the University’s Scottish Government social impact pledge commitments
Staff members who have been involved with delivery to date are:
- Professor Lesley McAra (Assistant Principal, Community Relations)
- Amy Woodgate (MOOC Project Manager)
- Ben Fletcher-Watson (Student Community Engagement Development Officer).
- Sarah Anderson (Community Engagement Programme Manager)
- Sibyl Adam (PhD intern, then Community Engagement Assistant)
- Brendan Seenan (SRS Community Engagement Project Coordinator)
Delivery partners to date have been:
- Greyfriars Charteris Centre
- Edinburgh's Central Library
- Amina Muslim Women's Resource Centre
Current project status
|Report Date||RAG||Budget||Effort Completed||Effort to complete|
|August 2020||GREEN||0.0 days||0.0 days||0.0|