This project seeks to improve the external examiner processes for undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes, from nomination of the external examiner to analysis of the external reports which would be processed electronically. This project allows for an integrated approach to quality assurance and quality enhancement by facilitating effective qualitative and quantitative analysis of the external examiner reports.
This project has three key elements to be done over 2 years/2 projects:
1. Online submission and tracking of examiner reports and outcomes
2. Facilitation of strategic themes
3. Management of External Examiners
There are four objectives for this 1st year IT project:
1. External Examiners can submit reports on line and in time, and view responses.
2. University users can comment, respond on the External Examiner report and create actions.
3. University users can view a summary of the External Examiner issues, the responses and actions, so that it can be followed up.
4. The University can demonstrate to regulators it is compliant by scrupulously using the External Examiners’ reports to extract strategic themes.
The objectives will be carried out along business process improvements to be done in 2014. The IT project will be first piloted by a few schools (to start in Nov 14 for the PG Taught Exam Board) with a view to get it rolled to other schools in June 2015 for the June Exam Board.
Further information on the External Examiners project and its communication is on https://www.wiki.ed.ac.uk/display/ExternalExaminerProject/Home
Current project status
|Report Date||RAG||Budget||Effort Completed||Effort to complete|
|August 2014||BLUE||295.0 days||294.4 days||0.6|