Planned annual upgrade of Moodle VLE platform.
Moodle VLE was delivered in April 2012 in order to support an identified set of online distance based programmes. We currently operate Moodle version 2.6 - this new project will ensure that the University's instance is kept up to date with community supported software releases from Moodle in 2015.
- Deliver improved user experience to teachers/learners through improved functionality.
- Increase the ability to widen user base to new DEI programmes (and current ODL programmes) through improved functionality.
- Maintain user community support by staying on ‘main stream’ release.
- Excellence in Teaching and Learning: This upgrade will enable Moodle users to benefit from enhancements in versions 2.7 and 2.8. It will include enhancements to Moodle that have been required for teaching, improving quality of service for the students using it.
- Quality services/infrastructure: by delivering a central upgrade service we will be able to reduce costs and improve reliability.
- Enhancing our student experience: this project aims to deliver innovative use of technology in pursuit of quality teaching and learning. Being able to present this via a single VLE where the student can navigate around and digest what could be a disparate set of tools is critical to making this feel like a quality and coherent experience.
- Advancing Internationalisation: online distance based courses are largely targeting students overseas, for whom physical attendance at the University is difficult. Supporting innovative use of technology will enhance the attraction of our programmes to overseas students, enriching our offerings.
Current project status
|Report Date||RAG||Budget||Effort Completed||Effort to complete|
|August 2015||BLUE||0.0 days||0.0 days||0.0|