Assessments taken by our students and the administration of those assessments can be a disjointed process, requiring a considerable amount of staff effort to manually transfer information. This can often result in a less than optimal experience for the student which in turn can potentially impact important areas such as communication of progression and award.
Assessment activities within the Learn VLE are critical steps in the larger institutional student progression process and the primary aim of this project is ultimately to automate the setup of selected summative assessments within Learn VLE based on information from EUCLID, and also to automate the transfer of marks from the Learn VLE back to the EUCLID Student Record.
Overall, the strategy is to split this project into 2 phases.
- (15/16) Phase 1 - Determine the solution, plan and feasibility of delivery (forecast 76 days)
- (16/17) Phase 2 - Delivery (forecast 100 days)
This brief is focussed on Phase 1 - Feasibility.
PHASE 1 DELIVERABLES
- A complete work breakdown showing estimated effort for the execution of Phase 1 taking the deliverables (below) into consideration.
- A feasibility paper describing the different options with pros/cons, expected effort and recommendations.
- A written technical solution.
- A complete work breakdown showing estimated effort for the execution of Phase 2.
- A project plan detailing how Phase 2 will play out.
Current project status
|Report Date||RAG||Budget||Effort Completed||Effort to complete|
|April 2017||BLUE||100.0 days||43.0 days||67.0|