- Report Date
- August 2019
- The eeSURG VLE (learning.essq.ed.ac.uk) was archived on 12th August 2019
- Joost Uding (CMVM Learning Technologist) delivered a second Learn workshop for the team
- Adapted discussion boards were applied to all (approx 160) ESO courses on Learn
- eBookshelf changes have been made to update books for MSc Surgical Sciences, MSc Primary Care Ophthalmology and ChM in Clinical Ophthalmology
- MSc Surgical Science courses on Learn are fully ready for week 1 of Semester 1 teaching starting on 2nd September
- An additional 33 ophthalmology videos were migrated by the DLAM team to Media Hopper Create
- All Ophthalmology video links (approx 320) on Learn courses have been updated to point to Media Hopper Create by the Multimedia Manager, Ophthalmology
- The Project Board met on 13th August and 26th August (skype)
- A change request to delay the archive date (originally planned for 9th August) for the three bespoke VLEs was approved by the Project Board. The eeSURG site has now been archived (12th August) and the learning.ophthalmology.ed.ac.uk and learning.surgery.ed.ac.uk sites will be archived on 1st October 2019.
- Ophthalmology updates are still significantly behind schedule. This was discussed again at the Project Board on 13th and 26th August. The Academic eFacilitator reported on 26th August she is confident the updates can be made before the start of term for Semester 1 courses, however no update has been received since.
- MSc Surgical Science teaching starts using Learn on 2nd September
ChM General Surgery, ChM Trauma & Orthopaedics, ChM Urology, ChM Vascular Surgery, MSc Patient Safety & Clinical Human Factors, MSc Primary Care Ophthalmology, ChM Clinical Ophthalmology) go live on 9th September
Final course preparation for the above programmes, including adding induction and guidance materials, populating the 2019-20 instances of courses, creating groups & group discussions, enrolling tutors & checking adaptive release settings