The University will enter UCAS Scottish clearing again for 2019 with places being available to prospective students from Scotland. This year there will be no rUK / A Level Clearing.
Scottish Clearing - 6 August 2019
As in previous years, we will work closely with the admissions staff in USG and the Colleges, and technology experts from ISG to ensure that the clearing process is successful in providing a positive experience and great outcomes for our new students.
Our high level objectives of this project are to:
- Work in partnerships to support management and delivery of the entire Clearing process, i.e. not just the technology components
- Set up telecommunications infrastructure for handling inbound clearing calls for use on the Clearing day
- Ensure that Central and College Admissions areas are fully equipped and ready for handling inbound clearing calls
- Establish and deliver adequate technical support during window when clearing calls will come in
- Ensure that the Student Record is capable and ready to receive the resulting admissions data
- Successfully deliver clearing outcomes
- Undertake review of requirements to support future years Clearing process
We believe that the current VoIP telephony system will be capable of meeting our needs and that it will be desirable to route things through the "Call Centre" console (a call management and IVR control system) which will also provide metrics in terms of call volumes.
Current project status
|Report Date||RAG||Budget||Effort Completed||Effort to complete|
|October 2019||BLUE||50.0 days||42.6 days||0.0|