Business Case approved
Timetabling business case was approved by the SA&S Board (April 2018): an enhanced implementation of the current Timetabling Unit service, provided to all Colleges in advance of 2019/20. Provides an institution wide timetabling process, enabling greater system efficiencies and standardized student timetables in Office 365. Targeting a fully comprehensive timetable for all students, irrespective of subject area, course or programme. A common interface and consistency of data presented on display screens in line with advertised course structures. Additional support in timetabling modelling, automated tutorial group allocation and a further commitment of more efficient use of centrally bookable rooms across the breadth of the teaching week.
- Students receive a comprehensive, personalised timetable available in one place, across devices.
- Real time reflection of changes with notification system in place.
- Extended use of both School and Timetabling Service expertise to efficiently support the development of existing course timetabling and safe introduction of new programme structures.
- Full automated assignment of students to group activities that considers all timetabling commitments, promotes timely production of timetables for student review and significantly reduced administrative burden in student group allocation.
- Released professional services staff time